What information do we collect?
We will collect information about you when you register on the website, respond to communications such as surveys or emails, or participate in other functions of the website.
When placing an order or registering, we may ask for your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, or other information. However, you can visit our website anonymously.
The information we collect about recipients is not used for marketing purposes. Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and collect information about visitors and visits to our website.
the section below for information on cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
When you register, purchase products, participate in contests or promotions, respond to surveys or marketing communications, browse the website, or use other website features in the following ways, we may use the information we collect from you:
- Personalize your website experience and let us bring you the types of content and products that matter most to you. So that we can better serve you in response to your customer service requests. Process your transactions quickly.
- Manage contests, promotions, surveys, or other website features. If you choose to receive our communications by email, we may send you emails on a regular basis. If you no longer wish to receive our promotional emails, please see the section below “How can you opt-out, delete or modify the information you provided to us?”
- If you do not choose to receive email newsletters, you will not receive these emails. Visitors who sign up for or participate in other website features (such as “members only” content and marketing programs) will choose whether they want to join our email list and receive email communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
- We implement various security measures to keep your personal information safe. Once your personal information is contained in a secure network, only certain people with special access rights to those systems can access it, and the information must be kept confidential.
- When you place an order or access your personal information, we will provide you with the use of a secure server. All confidential / credit information you provide is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted in our database, which can only be accessed as described above.
- Do we use “cookies”?
Yes. A cookie is a small file that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow it). Allows the service provider’s site or system to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- These service providers should not use the information collected on our behalf, except to help us develop and improve our business.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to disable all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings (such as Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer).
- Each browser is slightly different, therefore, consult the “Help” menu of your browser for the correct way to modify cookies. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to access many features that make your website experience more efficient and some of our services will not work properly.
- However, you can still place an order over the phone by contacting customer service.
- Do we disclose the information we collect to third parties? We will not sell, trade, or transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties unless we notify you in advance, except as described below. The term “external part” does not include Hydraulics Direct.
- It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who help us operate the website, conduct business, or provide services to you, as long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We may also publish your information when we believe that the purpose of publishing your information is to comply with the law, enforce our website policies, or protect our rights, property, or the safety of others.
- However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other purposes. How can you choose not to participate, delete or modify the information you have provided to us?
- To modify your email subscription, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to the email production plan, you may receive any emails that are already in production.
- To remove all of your online account information from our database, please log in to the “My Account” section of our website and remove your shipping address, billing address, and payment information. Please note that we may retain information about a single sales transaction to provide services and maintain records of that transaction. Third-party link
- In order to provide you with greater value, we may include third-party links on our website. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies.
- Therefore, we do not assume any responsibility for the content and activities of these linked sites. However, we continue to strive to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback on these linked sites (even if the specific links are invalid).